Help Desk Specialist
- The Help Desk Specialist is the initial support contact for problems or other reported issues regarding computers and related technologies from internal staff.
- The Help Desk Specialist is expected to troubleshoot, resolve or escalate those problems or incidents correctly, and document all of the foregoing.
- Must-have qualifications are: strong verbal and written Communication skills, project management and problem solving skills, and basic IT knowledge of hardware and software systems.
Specific Job Details
- Two positions are available.
- One position will be second shift Monday through Friday 2 pm to 10 pm.
- The other position will be Saturday through Tuesday 7 am to 5 pm. This role will primarily be taking remote access and non-clinical calls for the help desk.
- H.S / GED and 4+ years’ experience in an IT or call center environment and 2 years’ experience in a customer service position;
- OR Associate's degree with 2 years’ experience in an IT or call center environment or Bachelor’s degree.
- Typing skills 25+ words per minute
- Able to spend considerable time on the phone.
- Excellent computer troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Possess skilled abilities to customize an operating system.
- Ability to install/configure “off the shelf” applications.
- Understanding of computer-related terminology (CPU, Internet, Networking, Client/Server, LAN/WAN, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to configure a PC for connection to a network using a common networking protocol.
- Understanding of and has demonstrated the ability to use call tracking software and related tools for documentation of call center operations.
- Understanding of and has displayed the ability to use knowledge base and other online solution resources.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare new/used PC equipment for, and perform, a fresh (scratch) install of an operating system (manually, not from an image).
- Knowledge, training or certification in the following is helpful: HDI, itSMF, ITSM, ITIL.
- Knowledge or experience in remote access, multi-factor authentication and/or mobile device management (AIRWATCH) is also helpful.