Health Information Management Services Assistant
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
- Receives direction from the Health Information Management Services (HIMS) Assistant Supervisor, HIMS Supervisor and HIMS Director.
- Works cooperatively with co-workers, physicians and allied health staff throughout the clinic and hospital.
- The EMR Specialist will demonstrate competency in the on-line maintenance and utilization of the EMR.
- This competency includes the ability to perform functions related to: Imaging process including prepping, scanning and indexing - and/or- EMR deficiency analysis for all patient types - and/or - Functions related to release of information
- Responsibilities associated with this position ensure the accuracy and completeness of the legal medical record.
Specific Job Details:
- Experienced in Cerner EMR
- Experienced in Health care setting
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating system
- Must be able to work M-F 8 to 5
- Communicates clearly both written and verbal
- Pays Clear attention to detail
- Worker will be using reports to correct any errors between clinic and hospital notes in medical records within Cerner.
- High School diploma or equivalent required