HR Manager (Voca)
Voca is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager within our office in Rochester. If you’re interested please apply by calling #507-288-5260 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!
Voca is a national full service staffing and consulting company that specializes in Staff Augmentation, Direct Hire and Executive Search placement. Our client base covers mid-size companies to Fortune 500 organizations to include a full range of industries which provides us the opportunity to place you in IT, Healthcare, Accounting/Finance, Legal and Professional positions. Our goal is to provide the tools and opportunities to help our consultants grow, and to provide the best possible candidates to our clients.
Position: Human Resources Manager
Manage the day to operations of the Human Resource Department
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks
- Reconciles the benefits statements.
- Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Assists with the various employee discount coupons by contacting companies for coupons as directed by HR Manager.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by Executive Management
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Accounting