HIMS Assistant / EMR Specialist
4500 San Pablo Rd. Jacksonville, Florida 32224
Voca Health has an opportunity for a HIMS Assistant/EMR Specialist position with our client in Jacksonville. Interested candidates will reach out to Chad Miller at email@example.com, direct line 952-303-8110.
- Receives direction from the Health Information Management Services (HIMS) Assistant Supervisor, HIMS Supervisor and HIMS Director.
- Works cooperatively with co-workers, physicians and allied health staff throughout the clinic and hospital.
- The EMR Specialist will demonstrate competency in the on-line maintenance and utilization of the EMR.
- This competency includes the ability to perform functions related to: Imaging process including prepping, scanning and indexing - and/or- EMR deficiency analysis for all patient types - and/or - Functions related to release of information Responsibilities associated with this position ensure the accuracy and completeness of the legal medical record.
- This position is great for Health Information Management Systems Assistant, HIMS Assistant, Medical Records, Electronic Medical Records, and EMR.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year experience in HIMS or job position related experience required.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute required..
- Must demonstrate computer literacy; must be able to operative in a Microsoft environment and be able to adapt to and demonstrate proficiency with new technologies.
- Must demonstrate ability to function proficiently in both electronic and paper environments.
- Must demonstrate familiarity and competence in identifying various medical documents and have basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate ability to work quickly, accurately under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, follow directions and to resolve routine issues without supervisory support.
- Knowledgeable of The Joint Commission and other related regulatory documentation requirements with an understanding of consequences of non-compliance preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to tolerate frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping and lifting in the performance of job duties.
- Must willingly perform other duties as assigned.
Voca is a national full service staffing and consulting company that specializes in Staff Augmentation, Direct Hire and Executive Search placement. Our client base covers mid-size companies to Fortune 500 organizations to include a full range of industries which provides us the opportunity to place you in IT, Healthcare, Accounting/Finance, Legal and Professional positions. Our goal is to provide the tools and opportunities to help our consultants grow, and to provide the best possible candidates to our clients.