- Responsible for maintaining the grounds of our Client’s properties in a manner that promotes: safe conditions, litter-free, lush turf, beautiful flowers and other plants during the growing season.
- Also, responsible for snow removal and ice control during winter months.
- Performs maintenance checks and repairs on grounds equipment.
- Interacts professionally with patients, visitors, contractors, and our Client’s staff.
- Works independently and needs minimal direction.
- Duties include, but aren’t limited to- planting, watering, mulching, pruning, weeding and litter pick-up.
Specific Job Details:
- Work primarily in downtown Client’s campus doing tasks such as watering flowers, weeding, trimming shrubs, and mulching.
- Will be interacting with public.
- Equipment Used: Daily they will need to use a utility vehicle (Cushman, Gator, Ranger) with automatic transmission, water tank with gas engine, leaf blower, string trimmer and non-powered hand tools (hand pruner, trowel, shovel, rake etc.).
- Shift: M-F, 7am-3:30pm or 7:30am-4pm. may have to work occasional weekend hours, but that would only be a partial day.
- Must be able to bend, stand, and walk for several hours continuously.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs occasionally, 25 lbs often, and 10 pounds regularly.
- Must possess a valid MN driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in heat, noise, and dust. Previous horticulture experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous farm/construction/horticulture experience (used to working outside)
- Public interaction
- Ability to work independently (will be by themselves for quite a few times during the assignment)