- Responsible for quality food production within the standards established by the department.
- Willingness to cross-train into other department positions.
- Walking and standing most of the day, movement in all directions; carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds a distance of 300 feet; pushing over 300 pounds for 400 feet;
- Ability to distinguish colors, tastes and smells.
- Environmentally controlled kitchen; operating many pieces of commercial kitchen equipment many times per day.
- Potential hazard from wet floors.
- Hazards normally found in food service areas and hospitals.
- Exposure to industrial chemicals.
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- 2 year vocational training preferred;
- 3-5 years of commercial/institutional food production.
- Prefer two years in health care.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.