Frame to Follow Clerk
Sioux City, Iowa 51111
- The primary focus of this position is to match up incoming frames to trays waiting for the frame to arrive.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Sorting trays or paperwork numerically by tray, account, invoice or patient number, matching frames to paperwork and tray, and cosmetically inspecting frames.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Unwrap frames from packaging and verify edge type of frame received. 35%
- Sort frames into matching tray number by locating the appropriate tray through the numerical sorting procedure. 25%
- Utilize computer to look up frames by invoice number, patient name, or account number and write tray number on job and sort into appropriate bin. 20%
- Sort incoming trays awaiting frames according to numerical procedure. 20%
- Scan completed jobs to the appropriate department.
- Perform other duties within the frame to follow department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift 20 lbs to waist height and 10 lbs to shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for durations of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.