St. Cloud, Minnesota
- The primary focus of this position is to inspect lenses to ensure that they are optically and cosmetically accurate.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include performing a cosmetic inspection, and checking for power, prism, axis and thickness.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Essential Duties: Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Utilize manual or automatic lensometer to check power, prism and axis and manual caliber to check lens center or edge thickness. 60%
- Read the work ticket to verify prescription instructions such as tints, UV, coatings, and progressive adds. 10%
- Wash or wipe lenses if necessary and perform cosmetic inspection. 10%
- Utilize marker to put all appropriate markings on lenses. 10%
- Bag uncut lenses and place in envelopes or pouches.
- Put all necessary enclosures in envelope or pouch. 10%
- Scan work as complete and sort appropriately.
- Match lenses to envelope or tray if necessary.
- Perform other duties within the lab as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability
- Basic ability to add, subtract and use fractions.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills No skills needed.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.