Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
Sioux City, Iowa
Post Date: 04/11/2017 2017-04-11 Job ID: 8301 Category: Professional
- The primary focus of this position is to operate a variety of machines to cut lenses down to proper size and shape to fit the appropriate frame and insert the lenses into the frame ensuring proper fit for all difficult and/or priority jobs.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include ensuring lenses are properly edged consistently, verifying frame shape and axis, performing a cosmetic inspection of the lens and frame, and inserting and securing lenses into the frame.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Mount lenses by inserting and securing them into the frame.
- Utilize screwdriver and/or other tools as needed for frame type. 30%
- Load and unload lenses into and out of the edging machine by securing lens clamp and start machine. 25%
- Check lens for frame fit by placing lenses into frame and/or verify lens circumference. 10%
- Scan tray into edger and adjust settings if needed. 5%
- Verify frame shape and axis by comparing the frame/lens to machine diagram. 5%
- Check alignment of frame, lenses, and temples. 5%
- Dot the lens markings to check for lens alignment. 5%
- Read and analyze work ticket to ensure all processes are complete and accurate prior to edging. 5%
- Inspect frame for scratches or defects and perform cosmetic inspection of the lens. 5%
- Identify correct bevel styles needed.
- Run test lenses through the machine as needed. 5%
- Utilize screwdriver to remove screws from frame.
- Make adjustments to the lenses to correct issues such as sharp edges by grasping the lenses and using a bevel wheel to remove sharp edges.
- Inspect mounting tools for defects, broken padding, etc. to avoid scratches.
- Perform other duties within the finishing department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit and stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.