Saint Paul, Minnesota 55126
Work with patients following insurance denial, patient responsibility, payment plans or co-pay waiver requests to determine appropriate file resolution and manage the selected process (Financial Assistance Sliding Fee Scale, Self-Pay or device return) through to completion.
- Generate option letters to clients following insurance denial or notification of co-pay balance and follow through to resolution.
- Generate Financial Assistance applications; manage the approval process, track approvals and follow-up with patients.
- Manage Right Fax correspondence.
- Manage receivables from clients on payment plans.
- Arrange for device contributions with Customer Service.
- Return calls to payers timely.
- Work with patient/families regarding co-payments/statements for patients that have not requested payment plans, co-pay waiver or have a DME max.
- Return calls to families timely.
- Arrange for Self-Pay upgrade purchases.
- Maintain regular phone contact with Self-Pay, Financial Assistance, Co-Pay Payment Plan patients.
- Pull patient paper files for all departments as needed from the file room and off-site storage, scan into the requestor’s workflow and re-filed in the file room.
- Serve as a resource for staff if assistance is needed in scanning. Troubleshoot scanning issues.
- Create and maintain library for CD’s of patient records for reference.
- Organize and maintain storage of all financial and patient records.
- Occasionally assist A/R with clerical duties, as needed.
- Ad Hoc reporting generated by management request.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.