Financial Analyst III
Post Date: 03/30/2017 2017-03-30 Job ID: 8216 Category: Financial
- The purpose of this position is to: Financial Reporting - Interface with executives, managers and staff within the various Shared Service Departments (currently, this includes Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, Facilities, Brand Selling and Customer Development) to access financial and operational data in order to evaluate performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Month End Close- Perform month end close duties, journal entries and reporting/analysis for assigned Shared Service Departments.
- This includes preparing monthly journal entries, reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and providing variance explanations.
- Business Partnership- Develop a business partner relationship with the various Shared Service Department VPs and Managers by providing them with the means to understand their departmental expenses, and to monitor expenses and provide guidance to business to ensure expenses stay within budget targets. Forecast and Budget-
- Work with Managers and VPs, providing advice to assist them in achieving budget and business objectives.
- Maintain operating expense budget templates for use by Shared Services and Business Unit customers.
- Ad Hoc Projects- Consistent with all positions in this classification, additional projects, tasks and/or duties beyond what is outlined here may be assigned as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance CPA preferred- Strong knowledge of accounting rules.
- Minimum of three years of experience in general ledger, financial analysis or public practice.
- Excellent personal computer skills, advanced spreadsheet, word processing.
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow in the accounting profession.
- A team player must be able to work with both financial and non-financial people.
- A fast learner, able to learn the business in a short time.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present findings.
- Experience in an integrated systems environment desired.
- Oracle applications experience a plus willing to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines.