St. Paul, Minnesota
- Files reports, records, etc per the request of staff, according to established guidelines and timeframes. Adds new material to file records, and create new records as necessary
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Pulls old files to be archived transferring them to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Organizes files and keeps file room organized.
- Assists with mailings and other projects as requested.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Office Skills: Knowledge and application of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Records Management: Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs.
- Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: 1 to 3 years’ experience required - including filing.