Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Post Date: 06/05/2017 2017-06-05 Job ID: 8816 Category: Professional
- The primary focus of this position is to expedite jobs throughout the lab. Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include locating and distributing trays within the lab, designating priority jobs, and ensuring these jobs are processed in an efficient manner. Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Locate, distribute and tag tray to expedite and escalate jobs according to company policy. 95% Pick up breakage slips from each department. 5%
- Assist with mail open and job tray up.
- Perform other duties within the Customer Service department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied. Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Fast paced, production environment. Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Work area may be wet/dirty.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Education/Experience High School education or equivalent preferred. Previous related experience and/or training required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write short correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate direction in a professional manner.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Basic understanding of the Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.