Epic Senior Project Manager
- This position independently manages multiple medium or single department-scale IT internal business projects from inception to close, including resource management, risk identification and mitigation, quality assurance and change control.
- Leads process improvement or new business service implementation.
- Creates, provides and facilitates end user training.
- Leads proactive communication between and among business proponents, stakeholders and IT Leadership regarding assignments.
- Contributes to the improvement of established guidelines, tools, templates and methodologies.
- Reports department measurements and communicates metrics on activities.
- Broad general knowledge of information technology and institution activities.
- Develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case.
- Routinely interacts with IT vendors and provides technical interpretation for required services.
- May lead process or quality improvement efforts.
Specific Job Details:
- Our Client has a need for a senior project manager contractor to provide project management leadership in the design, build, and implementation activities in the EpicCare orders module specific to lab orders and integration to SoftLab lab information system.
- The primary assignment will be leading, planning, issues resolution, and communication of the work of a small team responsible for build and support of Epic lab orders.
- As well, interact with Epic revenue analysts to close the loop on lab full cycle.
- Additional responsibilities include collaborating with SoftLab colleagues to plan work, resolve issues.
- The contractor should have prior experience project managing an Epic application and experience with integration to SoftLab lab information system preferred.
- Clinical experience would also be preferred.
- The contractor would be required to coordinate and communicate these tasks and activities with resources throughout the organization at multiple levels.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years technology or business administration experience.
- The contractor should have 10 years’ experience in Project Management and business related activities that includes at least 5 years of Epic project management and implementation experience.
- A minimum of 50% travel to our Client’s sites is expected with the position.