Specific Job Details:
Epic Credentialed Trainer
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2017-06-23 Job ID: 9094 Category: Technology
- Go Live Credentialed Trainers are full-time positions that will effectively deliver end user curriculum.
- Provides class room instruction and supports additional training modalities using developed curriculum.
- May provide one-on-one assistance to students in the classroom environment or by phone.
- Provides remedial training and educational resources to staff.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with a variety of personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Provides administrative support related to training delivery and tracking (attendance/participation, etc.) and assists with program testing.
- Candidates will interact with other training team members including Principal Trainers, Training Managers, Project Managers and Team Leads to understand and complete assignments.
- Prepare materials and training room for workshops, classroom instruction, demonstrations, practice labs and other activities.
- Complete all pre- and post-class documentation regarding student attendance, course completion, and level of proficiency based on proficiency assessment.
- Deliver engaging end user training sessions in multiple delivery formats and incorporate the principles of Adult Learning to diverse audiences (provider, clinical and non-clinical staff).
- Deliver material in a way that enables users to meet stated objectives and performance goals for each course.
- Assist in evaluating trainees' performance via observation, assessments and/or classroom exercises.
- Assist in identifying users who may benefit from remediation and/or custom learning pathways.
- Develop remediation plans and, in some cases, may assist Super Users in coaching individuals or providing remedial assistance to end users.
- Coach end users and provide at-the-elbow site support across facilities during go-live and subsequent weeks (e.g., clinic, hospital, office settings) (as needed).
- May provide demonstrations to end user groups. Immediately escalate issues which cannot be resolved in the classroom to Training Manager and/or Team Lead. Establish/enforce classroom code of conduct to maintain positive learning environment for trainees during all classes.
- Ability to work variable shifts during the six week period of end user training.
- End user training will be conducted Monday-Saturday and will include some evening and night training sessions.
Specific Job Details:
- Currently recruiting a Principal Trainer for Radiant.
- This position will support two to three Epic go lives.
- We are currently implementing Epic at our MCHS Wisconsin locations where there are two main training locations: Eau Claire and La Crosse. Starting July 31, 2017, our work will move to MCHS-MN implementation which will have two training locations: Rochester, MN and Mankato, MN.
- For work on MCHS-WI, MCHS-MN travel may be needed between training locations.
- After MCHS implementation, the team will move to implementation in Rochester, MN, where training will be done at one campus.
- Hours and shifts may have varying schedules.
- This position may is expected to be 6 months to one year.
- An Associate’ s degree or higher OR two years of experience delivering education/classroom instruction.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable functioning well in a wide range of administrative, management and patient care environments demonstrating understanding, patience, and tact when dealing with others.
- Coaching/mentoring experience is preferred.
- Experience in facilitating instructor led classroom training.
- Teaching adult learners is preferred.
- Comfortable interacting with various levels of leadership.
- Electronic health record experience is preferred. Experience or certification in one or more Epic applications is a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in a fast changing environment.
- Certification in Radiant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.