Emergency Room Technician
St. Paul, Minnesota
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs patient care activities under the supervision of a RN and plan of care.
- Identifies and reports special needs of patients and families and implements appropriate interventions as directed.
- Reports all pertinent patient information to appropriate nursing staff.
- Performs other duties in support of the Emergency Department such as ordering supplies and maintaining equipment.
- Promotes personal and patient safety by knowledge of hospital and unit infection control policies, safety policies, and the practice of Universal Precautions.
- Understands the security requirements of medications and IV solutions.
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Care Delivery: Observes and collects pertinent data and/or clinical findings to enhance patient outcomes.
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Education: Provides patient educational information appropriate to the developmental level, learning needs, readiness, cultural values, and beliefs of patients and families.
- Nursing Assistive Core Competencies - Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- High school graduate or equivalent Completion of an Emergency Department Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant program preferred.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Qualification Source: American Heart Association Preferred: Description: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Experience: 6 months direct patient care experience required.