Emergency Department Technician
St. Paul, Minnesota
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements to achieve clinical, satisfaction and/or efficiency outcomes
- Performs patient care activities under the supervision of a RN and plan of care
- Identifies and reports special needs of patients and families and implements appropriate interventions as directed
- Reports all pertinent patient information to appropriate nursing staff
- Performs other duties in support of the Emergency Department such as ordering supplies and maintaining equipment
- Promotes personal and patient safety by knowledge of hospital and unit infection control policies, safety policies, and the practice of Universal Precautions
- Understands the security requirements of medications and IV solutions
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 6 months direct patient care experience required
- Completion of an Emergency Department Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant program preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred.