2017-04-14 Job ID: 8345 Category: Professional
- Interprets and maps verbal and written instructions, rough sketches, and data collected by Engineers, Planners, Estimators or Surveyors. Consults standard maps of cities, subdivision plats, railroads and highways in connection with the preparation of new maps for plotting distribution lines and facilities.
- Reproduces maps and revises maps as changes occur and maintains up to date distribution maps of Electric and Gas systems.
- Prepares base maps for job drawings.
- Engages in the operation and care of printers, plotters, copy machines and miscellaneous minor maintenance of equipment.
- Assists in occasional reducing of field survey notes and field checking.
- Makes mechanical and architectural drawings.
- Performs clerical work related to the Drafting Department.
- Must possess an aptitude for the work, a working knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and mathematics, including geometry.