Digital Accessibility Specialist
- Interact with and provide direction to UX, technology, content, and product development teams.
- Cooperate with other departments to ensure consistency and quality across the platform.
- BA/BS in information science, information design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design, quality assurance, learning technology, assistive technology, related field or equivalent industry training / experience.
- 3+ years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative development environment with experience in large, complex software or web applications.
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications, minimally WCAG 2.0 guidelines. Helpful to know WAI-ARIA, UAAG, and ATAG specifications.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and accessibility-related software including JAWS®, NVDA, VoiceOver, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, MAGic®, Dragon® NaturallySpeaking or other speech recognition software.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively both with diverse teams and independently.
- Some experience conducting accessibility evaluations and usability testing for accessibility.
- Be capable of conducting comprehensive accessibility testing with assistance against the WCAG 2.0 (AA) Success Criteria and the updated Section 508 federal requirements using the following methodologies: visual analysis; screen reader reviews; color sampling; keyboard only; gesture only; and code reviews.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices.
- Ability to provide implementation directions and requirements for UX Design and Front End Development teams.
- Knowledge regarding how to format PDFs to be accessible.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Can-do attitude.