New York, New York
Post Date: 07/19/2017 2017-07-19 Job ID: 9405 Category: Technology
- User side: Manages the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure within an organization, including the physical network from a client perspective.
- Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades applications and client hardware.
- Under direct supervision, provides Desktop technical support to the organization' s internal users of computer applications and client hardware.
- Answers routine questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures.
- Assists network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems.
- Prioritizes own work to ensure successful completion; minimizes time spent on unnecessary administrative activities.
- Plans own time and resources appropriately and in advance.
- Solicits advice from senior associates and/or manager on successful approaches to manage responsibilities and overcome obstacles.
- Project Management: Tracks and monitors simple projects; adheres to project deadlines and alerts management of any barriers to successful project completion.
- Assists with research and provides input into project plans and milestones.
- Develops timing estimates for basic projects based on limited understanding of customers business needs and time constraints.
- Troubleshooting/Technical Support: Documents basic problems and the steps necessary to implement the solution.
- Applies basic solutions to problems.
- Collects information to analyze basic problems and identify their origin.
- Quality Assurance: Under direct supervision performs preliminary tests for applications, ensuring alignment with standards and customer expectations.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, MIS or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience in Desktop Support or Computer Operations.
- Functional knowledge: Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within the discipline.
- Requires guidance on task initially and requires supervision.
- Technical Skills & Requirements: Supporting desktop/laptops/tablets/mobile devices running Windows OS (required), MAC OSx(preferred), MS Office, iOS, Blackberry, e.t.c.