Data Entry Operator
St. Paul, Minnesota
- Performs entry of data via CRT terminals, or data entry equipment.
- Arranges and monitors transportation of data between hospitals and MIS Data Center.
- Records incoming charge voucher documents and maintain batch logs.
- Performs correction of system charge errors.
- Performs batching of hospital charge vouchers.
- Prepares documents for appropriate storage.
- Participates in training of new employees.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Data Entry: Skilled in entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems.
- Office Skills: Knowledge and application of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Organization: Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole.
- Some College
- 2 years post-high school education/training in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Data Entry experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Ability to perceive, and accurately transfer, data from source documents to keyboard in accordance with speed and accuracy requirements.