Specific Job Details:
Data Entry Clerk
Post Date: 07/11/2017 2017-07-11 Job ID: 9285 Category: Professional
- Receives reviews, enters, and updates data in systems such as, billing, payment processing, patient registry or other system(s) applicable to the work area.
- Responsible for maintaining databases.
- Responsible and accountable for entering data into system(s) providing follow through on disposition of raw data.
- Performs price calculations in order to appropriately charge for selected fees and services.
- Monitors revenue and charge capture mechanisms to ensure appropriate billing.
- Appropriately applies financial payment and contractual adjustment transactions to patient accounts.
- Makes appropriate decisions to determine correct usage of ANSI codes to assist with prompt collections for rejected claims.
- Works independently with little need for direction, able to make independent decisions related to issues that arise.
- Uses excellent customer service skills in communicating with internal and external customers of our Client.
Specific Job Details:
- 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week)
- Days and hours negotiable
- The data entry clerk works with multiple applications, reviews a variety of reports, abstracts specific data and enters in spreadsheets and/or billing system.
- Abstracts data from paper as well as electronically.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED with two years of data entry or office/computer experience.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills required with a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Some areas may require accurate 10-key with a minimum of 10, 000 key strokes per hour or 170 per minute.
- Experience in healthcare billing preferred.
- Requires previous experience in a work situation demonstrating organizational ability, accuracy and attention to detail. Also requires the ability to cope with a busy working environment.
- Must have good communication skills, excellent clerical aptitude, math skills and keyboarding skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and handle a wide variety of confidential information.
- Requires good decision-making and judgment capabilities.
- Contributes to a cooperative and productive atmosphere. Must be adaptable/flexible in a changing work environment.
- Ability to follow specific instructions with organizational ability, attention to detail and 100% accuracy is required.