Data Entry Clerk
Post Date: 04/14/2017 2017-04-14 Job ID: 8336 Category: Professional
- Receives reviews, enters, and updates data in systems such as, billing, payment processing, patient registry or other system(s) applicable to the work area.
- Responsible for maintaining databases.
- Responsible and accountable for entering data into system(s) providing follow through on disposition of raw data.
- Performs price calculations in order to appropriately charge for selected fees and services.
- Monitors revenue and charge capture mechanisms to ensure appropriate billing.
- Appropriately applies financial payment and contractual adjustment transactions to patient accounts.
- Makes appropriate decisions to determine correct usage of ANSI codes to assist with prompt collections for rejected claims.
- Works independently with little need for direction, able to make independent decisions related to issues that arise.
- Very high volume of work right now.
- Will be entering data from web-based and paper-based surveys.
- Lots of data processes, in most cases keying in numeric values for answers.
- Also " double data entry" where two people enter the same information to ensure accuracy.
- Using EntryPoint software.
- Some cross-training - if the data processing area is slower, they will help within the research centre (ex: stuffing paper surveys). But this is unlikely given the volume of work right now.
- Will be in a cubicle with 2 other employees in the area.
- Shift: M-F, 8-5
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- two years of data entry or office/computer experience.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills required with a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Some areas may require accurate 10-key with a minimum of 10, 000 key strokes per hour or 170 per minute.
- Experience in healthcare billing preferred.
- Requires previous experience in a work situation demonstrating organizational ability, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Also requires the ability to cope with a busy working environment.
- Must have good communication skills, excellent clerical aptitude, math skills and keyboarding skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and handle a wide variety of confidential information.
- Requires good decision-making and judgment capabilities.
- Contributes to a cooperative and productive atmosphere.
- Must be adaptable/flexible in a changing work environment.
- Shown commitment to prior positions
- Strong computer skills
- Prior EntryPoint experience preferred (or another data entry tool)