Data Entry Clerk II
- Receives reviews, enters, and updates data in systems such as, billing, payment processing, patient registry or other system(s) applicable to the work area.
- Responsible for maintaining databases.
- Responsible and accountable for entering data into system(s) providing follow through on disposition of raw data.
- Performs price calculations in order to appropriately charge for selected fees and services.
- Monitors revenue and charge capture mechanisms to ensure appropriate billing.
- Appropriately applies financial payment and contractual adjustment transactions to patient accounts.
- Makes appropriate decisions to determine correct usage of ANSI codes to assist with prompt collections for rejected claims.
- Works independently with little need for direction, able to make independent decisions related to issues that arise.
- Uses excellent customer service skills in communicating with internal and external customers of our Client.
Specific Job Details:
- Adjudication of Reimbursement claims with accuracy, production standards and claims turnaround time.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of the membership data for plans administered by our Client’s Health Solutions.
- Responsible to analyze, load, and maintain provider reimbursement arrangements.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED with two years of data entry or office/computer experience.
- Requires previous experience in a work situation demonstrating organizational ability, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Also requires the ability to cope with a busy working environment.
- Must have good communication skills, excellent clerical aptitude, math skills and keyboarding skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and handle a wide variety of confidential information.
- Requires good decision-making and judgment capabilities.
- Contributes to a cooperative and productive atmosphere.
- Must be adaptable/flexible in a changing work environment.
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills required with a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Some areas may require accurate 10-key with a minimum of 10,000 key strokes per hour or 170 per minute.
- Experience in healthcare billing preferred.
- Claims processing experience, medical terminology, CPT codes, ICD 10, HCPCs procedures and diagnosis coding.
- Experience in Word, Excel and Access.
- Data entry skills with 10-key stroke capability.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with several different software programs.
- Ability to work with other departments