Customer Service Representative
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Post Date: 05/15/2017 2017-05-15 Job ID: 8629 Category: Professional
- The primary focus of this position is to act as a representative of our company to provide top quality customer service to our customers.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include answering phones and following through on customer inquiries.
- Essential Duties: Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Provide quality customer service by answering incoming customer calls, responding to customer questions/concerns, enter orders and /or rework orders, technical questions and conduct outbound calls. 85%
- Prioritize and problem-solve customer issues and concerns. 15%
- Investigate and troubleshoot shipping and delivery concerns.
- Act as a liaison between the lab and inter-company laboratories.
- Perform other duties within the customer service department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Lift and move up to 10 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, climb or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation and bilateral reach with arms.
- Fast paced, office environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Previous optical industry experience is a plus.
- One plus years of Call Center experience required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Previous optical related experience and/or training is a plus.
- One or more years of previous Call Center experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to use professional language/conduct when communicating externally to customers.
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Email.
- Ability to learn different company software applications.