Customer Service Associate
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Assist customers, primarily via telephone, in regard to service outages, restoration of electric services, and electric service billings.
- Resolve disconnect or account delinquency issues by discussing options available with the customer and agreeing to an appropriate plan.
- Coordinate customer requests, when necessary, with the appropriate company department.
- Prepare written communication, and perform other non-phone back office work.
- Communicate with field personnel via phone or electronic means to process customer work orders.
- Provides world-class customer service to existing and future customers by delivering services such as billing, credit and collections, service requests, energy efficiency and customer account management.
- Ability to gather necessary information from internal and external customers, determine appropriate course of action and provide information to customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with team members and customers in a fashion that promotes positive customer relations.
- Exceptional customer service skills including: Active listening, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to access and accurately input information on customer accounts while navigating multiple computer software programs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, for bill analysis, adjustment and proration.
- Knowledge of general policies and procedures specific to billing, credit/collections, service and account management is preferred.
- Demonstrate adherence to identified performance measures.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- A minimum of two years customer service experience where one-on-one problem resolution was demonstrated, and/or two years of non-sales call center experience.