- Picks up and delivers mail, specimens, supplies, reports, and deposits, etc. following established schedules and guidelines.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from department staff for additional stops.
- Handles materials appropriately in accordance with Organizational policies and all applicable with Organization policies and all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that the courier function is fully integrated into and supports department operations.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and coworkers responding promptly to calls and pager messages.
- Monitors demand for courier services and reports need for changes in routing and schedules.
- Serves as liason, carrying messages to and from client offices.
- Identifies and communicates to supervisor possible improvements in schedules, services, processes and procedures.
- Ensures that courier vehicles are properly maintained.
- Maintains neatness and cleanliness of vehicle(s).
- Monitors and schedules regular vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinates major repairs, obtaining estimates for supervisor's approval and scheduling the work to minimize downtime.
- Maintains mileage and service logs.
- 40 hours a week 8:30 am to 5:00pm M-F.
- Must be able to walk the majority of the day.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license
- Prefer medical or hospital experience