- Write original legal blog content of interest to consumer and legal audiences, under the direction of an editor and team lead, including:
- Researching and accurately summarizing statutes, cases, news stories, and related legal information, including but not limited to within the areas of personal injury/ torts, criminal law, family law, small business law, DUI, estate planning and employment law;
- Reviewing blog content for legal accuracy, misstatements of the law, online usability, and user engagement; and
- Correcting content for style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Work with team lead, editors and/or senior writers to constantly refine and improve blog creation style.
- Work with editor to optimize content using best practices in tagging, keyword usage, headline creation, content optimization and basic SEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- JD required
- Demonstrated interest or work experience in Personal Injury, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, business, or estate planning a huge plus, but not required
- Professional legal practice experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to write in a conversational tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web, including experience writing for lay audiences
- Basic understanding of HTML and SEO
- Ability to work independently under a tight deadline and self-motivate
- California (or other state) Bar membership a plus, but not required