Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Support development and implementation of strategic sourcing activities in assigned category.
• Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management.
• Support the development and implementation of specific strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product/service introduction, supply base and sourcing optimization and rationalization, quality improvement, risk assessment, and contract negotiation.
• Support development and implementation of strategies and goals for assigned categories in support of overall business objectives.
• Support development and implementation of processes to build a best in class supply chain organization.
• Develop and lead cross functional teams and support strategic category plans and consolidation strategy.
• Participate in sourcing analysis and selection process and performs cost analyses. Participates in development of contract strategy. Negotiates, establishes, monitors and enforces supplier contracts and agreements.
• Develops and benchmarks best practices amongst suppliers. Identify supply base risk and develop/implement mitigation plans including market assessments, supplier's financial assessments, social responsibility, environment, ethics etc.
• Obtain and communicate market condition information and technology trends related to commodities and suppliers. Utilize market trends to identify and implement appropriate cost controls and business strategy changes.
• Collaborate across functions, departments, and campuses to develop scorecards and business reviews for key suppliers. Organize and lead scorecard review meetings and business reviews.
• Create and implement enterprise wide metrics, tools and processes to optimize sourcing and supplier activities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, Business, Finance, or related field required
• 0-3 Supply Management experience with focus on strategic sourcing and supplier development. Preferred
• 0-3 Knowledge and application of supplier contract strategy, negotiations, contractual terms, and contract administration. Preferred
• 0-3 Knowledge of supplier processes and supply chain risk factors including experience in assessing and mitigating risk in the supply base. Preferred
• 0-3 Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies & cost reduction methodologies. Preferred
• 0-3 Experience operating in a highly regulated industry. Medical Device industry sourcing and supplier management experience preferred. Preferred
• 0-3 Professional certifications through APICS, ISM, AHRMM, and/or CSCMP Preferred
• Required Other (specify)Strong skills in leadership, negotiations, influencing, communication & presentation, project management, troubleshooting & problem solving, analysis, strategic thinking, and collaborative team building.
• Required Other (specify)Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members and team leaders.
• Required Other (specify)Strong judgment with the ability to make and communicate timely and sound decisions.
• Required Other (specify)Ability to structure bids, evaluate bids against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for supplier selection.