Grand Rapids, Michigan
2017-08-31 Job ID: 9962 Category: Professional
- Leads in the development of all assigned real estate contracts, including but not limited to; leases, license agreements, amendments, terminations, purchase agreements, management agreements, statements of work (SOWs), and requests for proposal (RFP).
- Manages the contract development and negotiation process for facilities initiatives.
- Enters/maintains current information in the internal contract repository and system contract database.
- Develops relationships with facilities managers, business units, supply chain and suppliers to support facility objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies.
- Act as the principle contract negotiator for all assigned contracts.
- Manages contract review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and contract budgets;
- Develops regular reports on contract milestones and performance; and informs internal customers, suppliers and management of activities and progress, through both verbal and written communications.
- Assists in the development of audit strategies to ensure all real estate contracts remain in compliance.
- Administers commercial and financial arrangements with landlords, tenants and suppliers to include billing, invoicing, performance/penalty adjustments where appropriate.
- Participates in annual budget forecasting, variance tracking and internal charge backs, where appropriate.
- Continuously participates in process improvement stratifies and acts as a champion for change.
- Creates a customer-focused, service-based approach to working with stakeholders and suppliers, which emphasizes the creation and cultivation of cross-organizational relationships.
- Gains knowledge on compliance and regulation changes affecting health care real estate and works in a coordinated way with the legal and compliance departments to develop the appropriate strategies and methodologies to maintain compliance for all real estate contracts.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced team members, and is accountable as a role model for customer service excellence.
- 5-10 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities negotiating and managing contract lifecycles