Post Date: 04/13/2017 Job ID: 8329 Category: Professional
1) Support the development of customer contract processing.
2) Handle various drafting and negotiating requirements for all commercial, non-disclosure and agent agreements.
3) Communicate effectively with the sales team, customers, and downstream stakeholders; handling any significant contract discussions with customers.
4) Develop and maintain a positive relationship with Clarivate Analytics legal counsel, Compliance and Commercial Policy.
5) Maintain and manage performance statistics, workflows in the contract request form (CRF) tool and contract databases.
6) Work closely with other members of the Contract Administration team to develop tools for contract processing.
- Draft, negotiate and manage contractual documents with customers
- Review, negotiate and approve documents to ensure protection of Clarivate Analytics' interests and adherence to company policy
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Develop processes for effective contract handling that support customer excellence
- Negotiate large, complex customer contracts & arrangements across the Americas. Support overall Clarivate Analytics' efforts to simplify contracts.
- Assist Sales/Sales Support in articulating and obtaining approvals for contract changes
- Support and lead the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal and approval processes, as well as training on such topics
- Work closely with, and establish working relationships with, Clarivate Analytics legal staff, compliance, and commercial policy teams
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the CRM system, contract database and other related systems
- Support existing sales order/contract processes
- Create, update and maintain the sales order/contract process documents for Clarivate Analytics products
- Train Sales/Sales Support organization on proper drafting of form agreements
Key Core Competence:
- Manage drafting and approval process cycle times within pre-defined target range for standard contracts
- Negotiate contract legal terms and conditions
- Ensure control systems are in place to ensure proper approvals and authorization requirements are met
- Maintain easy access to contract documents for all stakeholders
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Should be able to report on timeliness of contract requests
- Quality repository of order/contract documents must be maintained
- Ensure proper controls are exercised in Sales Order/Contract Administration
- College degree and experience negotiating customer contract T&Cs required; appropriate work experience will be considered as appropriate substitution. IP and IT licensing knowledge is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer contracting related position with a good knowledge of sales systems, processes and procedures.
- Work experience in a commercial organization.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of compliance and basic legal knowledge.
- Logical thinker with excellent analytical skills.
- Good overall business knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Research skills.
- Good knowledge of sales processes.
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and performance. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person' s point of view. Keen for new experiences, responsibilities and accountability. Team-player. Flexible to the ever changing needs of the business.
- Technical: Must be adept in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access; PowerPoint skills would be advantageous.