St. Cloud, Minnesota
- The primary focus of this position is to prepare and operate the vacuum coating machine to coat the lenses properly.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include preparing and operating the vacuum coating machine, placing lenses on sectors, and performing tests to confirm coating accuracy.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed:
- Prepare lenses for anti-reflective coating by placing them in sectors. Use metal rings as appropriate for proper fit. 40%
- Utilize air hose to blow debris off lenses and flip lenses in sector for reverse side coat. 25%
- Prepare vacuum coating machine for coating by removing debris, inserting appropriate chemicals into machine, and selecting coating process in the computer. 10%
- Remove lenses from sectors and place into trays. 10%
- Load and unload sectors into and out of vacuum coating machine. 5%
- Perform appropriate coating test to confirm accuracy. 5%
- Prepare and complete all appropriate paperwork to document all lens positions. 5%
- Scan paperwork.
- Fill and restock chemical supply at vacuum coating machine.
- Perform other duties within the coating department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height and 15 lbs at or above shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- None required.