Post Date: 03/20/2017 Job ID: 8116 Category: Professional
- The primary focus of this position is to clip or rack and secure the lenses into baskets to begin the coating process and to operate the coating machines.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include clipping or racking the lenses into baskets, loading and unloading carriers into and out of machines, performing a cosmetic inspection of the lenses, and testing and maintaining machine chemicals and fluids. Supervision ranges from close to general.
- All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed.
- Clip or Rack lenses into basket and document the position of the lenses in the basket on the corresponding paperwork.
- Remove each lens from basket and cosmetically inspect the lens as required.
- Place inspected lenses onto metal tray and place tray into the oven.
- Perform a cosmetic inspection of lenses to identify defects, polish and knife edges.
- Check availability of coating for the specific lens type by utilizing availability chart.
- Load and unload carrier with basket into and out of machine.
- Remove tray from oven when cycle is complete.
- Test and maintain machine chemical and fluid levels.
- Sort and put away day tags.
- Retrieve fallen lenses from coating machine.
- Clip or Rack re-work lenses to prepare for AR strip.
- Fill and restock supplies at clipping station.
- Perform other duties within the coating department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height and 10 lbs at or above shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit and stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.