Clinical Research Assistant
- Under the direct supervision of the study team, assists in coordinating the details of the study and documentation concerning study protocols, patient scheduling, history work, data collection, data entry, data management, follow-up care, and compliance with federal, state, sponsor and institutional guidelines.
- Consults with and assists staff in own and other labs in conducting research projects.
- Performs data entry and manages study database as directed and performs other administrative duties related to the study as assigned.
- May perform technical duties related to clinical and experimental research as directed and under the supervision of other study personnel.
- May order materials/supplies and assist with general office work.
Specific Job Details:
• Data entry (must be proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to take direction from 3 Clinical Research Coordinators
• Ability to think proactively
• Organizational skills a must
• Ability to communicate progress to more than one team member
• Ability to work on more than one project at the same time
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly/ask questions
Day-to-day activities: (these could vary based on skill set)
• Data entry for RIO database & multiple projects
• Record readings in Excel while Pathologist reviews slides
• Pull approximately 5000 samples from freezer and record data
• Problem solve location of slides in multiple freezers
• Ship samples to multiple institutions
• Send requests to different labs
• Organizing multiple requests
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Degree/diploma or certificate in an administrative or secretarial field would be preferred in lieu of an associate degree.
- Medical terminology course preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently and communicate proactively will be extremely important.