Clinical Project Manager
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Optimizes nursing clinical performance and processes to support safe and effective patient care and meet operational efficiency goals.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Works with our clients care providers to lead and coordinate improvements in care for a variety of patient populations, increase positive clinic outcomes and improve operational efficiency; education for care providers; and, follow-up action planning for hardwiring new practices.
- Provides best practice recommendations, action plans, and implementation of best practices for effective operations within assigned areas at our client.
- Identifies areas for improvement within assigned areas at our client.
- Uses Value Based Improvement (VBI) processes as a basis for the improvement work, training staff to be better problem solvers.
- Creates and implements business plans of action in areas for improvement. Creates policy and procedure as appropriate.
- Maintains or establish clinical subject matter expertise in identified areas of improvement for assigned areas, and disseminates that knowledge through the system.
- Creates a professional climate, which utilizes teaming and effective communication to meet the identified goals.
- Locates and presents data in a way that is understandable; utilize current data sources to discover, analyze, and track areas for improvement; and, identify data gathering needs and coordinate collection, analysis, and presentation of this data for the staff, charge nurse or lead and for leaders at unit/department huddles.
- RN Core Competencies - Assessment, Planning, Evaluation: Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings. Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
- RN Core Competencies - Evidence Based Practice: Evaluates and/or assists in the evaluation of practice in relation to existing evidence identifying opportunities for the generation and use of research
- RN Core Competencies - Nursing Process: Utilizes the nursing process to provide holistic, compassionate, safe, high quality, population based care.
- RN Core Competencies - Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- RN Core Competencies - Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Change Management: Skilled in consulting with individuals and groups navigating through significant changes.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Consulting: Provides advice, feedback and development resources to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited RN program. Master's degree preferred in a related health care field.:
Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Qualification Source: American Heart Association
- Description: Registered Nurse MN (RN)
Qualification Source: MN Board of Nursing
- Description: License Respiratory Therapist (LRT)
Qualification Source: MN Board of Medical Practice
Credential Comments: *Either RN or RT required depending on specific role/location *
- Other information:
Experience: 3 years of experience required in nursing strategic planning and leadership, change implementation, as well as data management. Evidence of effective relationship building and change management with nursing and other patient care providers is required. Five years experience in clinical nursing in a variety of acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation areas, showing evidence of clinical versatility, is preferred. Labor management experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Current knowledge of nursing delivery models and projected issues and trends related to nursing processes, practices, procedures and standards. Knowledge of nurse policy, processes and procedures. Able to create and interpret reports and utilize sophisticated software programs required (i.e. Horizon Business Insights, Horizon Enterprise Visibility, Microsoft Excel, ANSOS). Able to conduct thorough and comprehensive literature review, evaluate the quality and relevancy of research, and apply evidence to facilitate clinical practice improvements.