St. Paul, Minnesota
- Works within the scope of practice defined by our Client and under the direction of the provider.
- Escorts patients to the exam room. prepares patient for visit with provider, and appropriately and accurately documents patient information in the medical record.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the provider.
- Processes patient calls and messages in order to assist patients and provider workflow. Including but not limited to gathering data/information and communicating with patients in person or via phone.
- Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care while utilizing evidence-based practice to reach our Client’s clinical quality, patient experience, employee engagement, and smart growth/financial health measures.
- Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort, and confidentiality.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Knowledge/Skills: medical terminology, direct patient care, communicating with patients and families, teamwork, phlebotomy, and computer skills. Reports to: Clinic Manager
- Trade or Vocational Certification Completion of CMA/RMA or LPN program required.
- Certified Med Assistant (CMA) Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists Experience: No previous ambulatory experience required.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Med Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Terminology
- Trade or Vocational Certification