Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Works within the scope of practice defined by our Client and under the direction of the provider.
- Escorts patients to the exam room. prepares patient for visit with provider, and appropriately and accurately documents patient information in the medical record.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the provider.
- Processes patient calls and messages in order to assist patients and provider workflow.
- Including but not limited to gathering data/information and communicating with patients in person or via phone.
- Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care while utilizing evidence-based practice to reach our Client’s clinical quality, patient experience, employee engagement, and smart growth/financial health measures.
- Performs laboratory specimen collection and processing to ensure accurate and appropriate performance of patient testing while maintaining patient dignity, comfort, and confidentiality.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Medical terminology, direct patient care, communicating with patients and families, teamwork, phlebotomy, and computer skills.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Data Entry: Skilled in entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, analyzes both successes and failures for slues to improvement, experiments and willing to try new things to find solutions.
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Math Basic Skills: Knowledge and skills related to applying mathematical tools and methods for routine calculations.
- Medical Staff Relations: Builds effective partnerships with medical staff, physicians, fostering open lines of communication and establishing trust.
- Medical Terminology/Spelling: Familiar with medical terminology and medical spelling.
- Ability to interact effectively, listen actively and develop positive working relationships with diverse customers and staff honoring different world views.
- Office Skills: Knowledge and application of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Organization: Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole.
- Patient Care Delivery: Observes and collects pertinent data and/or clinical findings to enhance patient outcomes.
- Patient Safety: Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Records Management: Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs.
- Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information.
- Safe Medication Administration: Administers medications following policies using procedures that assure the highest level of safety all times for all populations.
- Trade or Vocational Certification Completion of CMA/RMA or LPN program required.
- Certified Med Assistant (CMA) Qualification Source: American Association of Medical Assistants Description: Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) Qualification Source: American Medical Technologists Experience: No previous ambulatory experience required.
- Familiar with EPIC Medical Record Documentation