Certified Surgical Technologist
Post Date: 08/07/2017 2017-08-07 Job ID: 9652 Category: Health
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Review case cart to ensure necessary equipment is available for case.
- Scrub-in to sterile field and set-up instrumentation for case.
- Assists the surgeon by passing instruments during procedure.
- Assists with OR room turnover between cases.
- Gathers OR equipment and positioning devices as needed, cleans and returns to storage locations.
- Counts instruments at the completion to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Ensures specimens are correctly identified prior to sending to laboratory for testing.
- Verifies medications are accurately measured and labeled.
- Knowledge: Instrument Knowledge - Knowledgeable of individual surgical instruments, instrument sets and product supplies by proper name and there use.
- Aseptic Technique - Knowledgeable regarding the principles of aseptic technique and application of principles in the surgical setting Reports
- To: MANAGER CLINICAL-424.
- Essential: Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc). Inspection:
- Critical appraisal skills including examination, measurement, and testing of quality and condition of equipment, materials, or services.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Safety Testing and Practices: Knowledge and application of safety practices, fire and disaster policies and procedures; safety testing, performance verification, and operations procedures for various types of equipment.
- Requires prior operating room experience.
- Education Essential: * Trade or Vocational Certification Trade or vocational certification in Surgical Technology required.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Qualification Source: American Heart Association Description: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Qualification Source: National Board of Surgical Tech and Surgical Assisting Credential Comments:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or grandfathered experience prior to certification requirement (2006).