Certified Surgical Technician
- Performs delegated activities to assist in the care of the patients in the operating room/procedure rooms.
- Under the supervision of a RN and in collaboration with the surgeon, the technologist functions primarily in the scrub role. Is responsible for selecting, preparing, and maintaining instrumentation, equipment, and supplies.
- Provides a safe, efficient environment for the surgical patient.
- Applies and enforces principles of aseptic technique and adapts to unpredictable situations within the perioperative setting.
- Works flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays and has on-call responsibilities in a six-week work schedule.
- CST for ambulatory surgery
- Graduation from an accredited and/or hospital approved surgical technology program.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- One year of clinical experience preferred. Certification in Surgical Technology from either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required and maintained thereafter.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Must have current certification and BLS