C&E Applications Support Specialist
Post Date: 08/09/2017 2017-08-09 Job ID: 9688 Category: Technology
- This individual will assist project teams with planning, software installation and configuration, patching of software applications, and testing of changes to existing software or with installation of new software in a model production environment.
- Additional activities include support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions to the production environment.
- Job functions will include: the individual may also be responsible for maintaining system backups and documentation, applying security and update patches to Windows operating systems and to various software packages that are in use in the production environment, deploying whitelisting based antivirus application to systems, removing software from Windows servers and workstations, managing ports and services, correlate event reporting with known vulnerabilities, configuring new systems based on a default configuration, configuration of log aggregation and event reporting to meet company defined reporting guidelines.
- BM bixfix for centralized patch deployment
- vCM for windows machine administration, software inventory, windows patching, and event reporting (heavy use and configuration to accomplish the software inventory and software event information, and patching. (configuration, administration)
- Sophos antivirus
- Maintain systems and the hosted services through continued monitoring, coordination of data backup, system troubleshooting and proactive security measures.
- Solarwinds LEM (for SIEM log aggregation, log management, and event reporting of all software applications active in the production environment)
- BMC Discover (ADDM)
- BMC remedy, for asset management and change management
- Heat lumension (whitelisting antivirus, installing, changing to learning mode, monitoring for blocked services, and placing in run mode)
- Nexpose or Nessus for vulnerability scanning (configuration, report generation, etc)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows applications
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts is preferred
- Experience working with in a VMware environment is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working on SCADA or industrial control systems is preferred.
- Knowledge in cyber security and experience implementing CIS CSC Top 20, NIST 800 or other security control sets is preferred
- Familiarity with remote support and troubleshooting is preferred
- Willing to work overtime hours when required by project schedule for completion of target dates.
- Associates’ degree in information systems, computer science, engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination education and experience. (Typically ten years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’ s degree.)
- Five or more years of experience with administration or support of technology systems as outlined in the essential job functions section.
- CompTI A+ or a more advanced certificate is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of designing and configuring reports in a logical manner, capable of communicating effectively with remote personnel in a distributed organization, capable of interacting positively with peers and upper management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to adhere to compliance aspects of position; understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company