Business Data Analyst
Atlanta, Georgia 33046
- Researching, evaluating, documenting, designing, testing, and implementing new systems or improvements to existing systems.
- System implementation and support activities include the following:
- Coordinates analysis and alignment of business and customer needs and documents requirements.
- Works in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Performs planned and ad hoc data analysis and problem investigation.
- Performs and documents data configuration tasks.
- Performs data and/or functional testing.
- Providing estimates for task duration and participating in planning around tasks
Education (Minimum requirements)
- Four (4) year college degree preferred, in Business or Computer Science.
- Other degrees will be considered if candidate has related experience.
- At least five years’ experience required without Bachelor’s degree.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Growing understanding of business and operational systems and models.
- Knowledge of application tools, web technologies and databases.
- Strong experience reading XML and analyzing data
- Prior data mapping experience
- Ability and willingness to analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to define and document requirements
- Must be very detail oriented
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and issue resolution capabilities
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with systems development and customization tools.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Must have experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task
- Prior Quality Assurance experience or interfacing with QA processes
- Strong research and analysis skills