Business Continuity & Security Coordinator
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Coordinate development and updating of the incident management plan, executive crisis management guide, and department plans annually, using various incident management and business continuity software applications to produce plans and reports, and develop and implement training and program exercises to assure employee awareness and preparedness. Coordinate with software application vendors on technical requirements for incident management and business continuity software applications. (25%)
- Develop and facilitate incident management scenarios and business continuity exercises at the recovery team level and assist with more advanced exercises involving various departments or business functions. Identify critical issues raised in exercises and work with departments to develop mitigation actions. Coordinate necessary follow-up training as identified in exercises. (20%)
- Conduct research, analysis and assessments on incident management and business continuity issues to compare and contrast information from various sources and understand trends. Monitor, evaluate and alert the incident management and business continuity management team on potential public health, severe weather and human-caused threats as they develop. Exercise judgment on the relative risks of threats and appropriate level of concern. Develop and maintain familiarity with potential response partners internal and external to the company. Develop safety and security tips and act as coordinator for employee messages using the Safe and Secure mailbox in Outlook. (15%)
- Compile data and write scope of services for security-related requests for proposal for services and commodities, such as security officers and security equipment and systems. Provide coordination of programs, policies and procedures for corporate security operations, and provide assistance to department managers who have assigned critical infrastructure protection responsibilities. Conduct research through local, state and national resources, perform analysis and identify trends of property thefts, vandalism and other criminal activity, and provide the information to corporate security leaders for determining security enhancement recommendations to the information technology vice president and incident commanders. Administer the security investigative case file tracking. Provide organizational support to the corporate security management team in non-crisis and crisis activities, and to the information technology vice president and our client's Company Incident Command Team. Monitor, evaluate and alert the corporate security management team of potential security threats received from law enforcement and Homeland Security sources as they develop. Maintain familiarity with potential response partners internal and external to the company and contract with law enforcement or private physical security services providers as required. Create security tips for employee messages. Represent the company, as requested, at meetings to obtain and relay information critical to our Client. (15%)
- Represent the business continuity and physical security manager, as requested, at meetings to obtain and relay information critical to our Client Company. Provide organizational support to the business continuity management team in non-crisis and crisis activities. Screen and route information; evaluate inquiries; schedule meetings and develop agendas; take and maintain comprehensive notes and reports, compose correspondence to internal and external audiences; provide budget input as requested; process and pay invoices; and maintain confidential files. (10%)
- Coordinate, input, analyze, update and maintain the corporate security and business continuity annual budget and perform monthly budget tracking. (5%)
- Coordinate and provide leadership to special projects as assigned, including updating physical security files, Government Emergency Telecommunications System (GETS) cards, corporate security meetings and training sessions, CPR/AED training and other events and projects. Maintain training files and review ongoing compliance, as appropriate. (5%)
- Participate in the Safeguard Iowa Partnership and support organizational needs as requested. Attend and contribute in select meetings, support the development and execution of exercises, training sessions and other projects. Provide coordination support for Safeguard Iowa events, such as their annual meeting, conferences and workshops. (5%)
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field or equivalent work experience. (Typically three years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree.)
- One to two years of work experience in the field of business continuity, disaster recovery, emergency management or other related field.
- Project management and leadership skills to plan workflow, coordinate projects, prepare documentation and resolve conflicting demands; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize patterns in data or events and to draw logical conclusions and make recommendations for action and to plan and implement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with crisis situations and prioritizing under extreme time pressures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in personal computer skills; experience using Microsoft Office software products; proficiency in keying and software program features based on required assessments.
- User expertise and experience with software application programs.
- Organizational and proofreading skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills to conduct meetings, provide training and direction to accomplish objectives.
- Effective interpersonal skills, a customer service focus and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Coordinating skills to coordinate schedules, meeting arrangements and organize and maintain records.
- Demonstrated professionalism and experience working with confidential information.
- Demonstrated math and budget tracking skills.
- Ability to travel as required and to provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of the business continuity plans.