Business Analyst I
- 0-3 years
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science, Business/Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics or other relevant quantitative field required and 18+months of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field OR Master's degree and 0-2 years relevant experience required. Experience with self-service reporting tools strongly desired.
- Successful candidates will have a basic understanding or experience with most, if not all, of the following: SQL, SAS, Python, R or other database interface tools and languages.
- Experience building Tableau dashboards is a plus.
- Must perform with a high level of accuracy.
- Should have excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Should be able to contribute to cross-divisional projects, handle multiple assignments simultaneously and work in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong working knowledge of key analytical tools such as SAS, Hyperion Brio preferred.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings and presenting to leaders.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- The Analyst – IFS Operations Performance is responsible for a variety of reporting and analysis functions.
- Supports IFS through the production of scheduled, ad hoc, and self-service reporting.
- Locates and improves upon data sources to develop automated reporting and analysis tools including email reports, scorecards, dashboards, and ad hoc business unit needs.
- Monitors data capture/coding processes along with requirements needed for improved accuracy and integrity of the underlying data.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to convert large amounts of data into meaningful, useful information.
- Trending, reporting and detailed root cause analysis of performance impacts and development of recommended actions to continuously improve safety, operations, financial, customer service, and people KPIs.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.