St. Paul, Minnesota
- Administers benefit plans and programs. Completes enrollment and change processing, administration of cafeteria benefit plans,.
- Provides employee education and consultation on benefit programs including new employee orientation and enrollment.
- Provides leave of absence administration, COBRA administration. Serves as a resource to employees and management in providing leave of absence administration
- Processes employee status changes, termination processing, Human Resources Action Form (HRAF), administration of all HR Data Input and related processing. Includes policy and procedure interpretation, legal compliance, labor relations, management support, and employee advocacy.
- Works collaboratively with other benefits and Human Resources colleagues as needed to audit and assure compliance with benefit plan documents and state and federal laws
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Advanced: Skilled in specialized computer software.
- Ability to use more advanced functions, formulas and other special elements of the specific program or application.
- Consulting: Provides advice, feedback and development resources to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Written Communication: Ability to organize and express information and ideas in written form to individuals as well as groups.
- Construct messages that are clear and convincing.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial relations, business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 3 years Human Resources experience or demonstrated ability to develop Human Resources competencies in a progressive manner or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge: Demonstrated working knowledge of Human Resources department functions and related Federal and State regulations.