Auto Liability Claims Team Leader - 500158
- Supervises multiple teams of PL Specialists and/or multiple claims colleagues for wide span of control; and delegates duties to others within the unit as needed.
- Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues; makes recommendations on course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for assigned office(s).
- Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to PL Specialists on claims issues and resolution.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes management reports and takes appropriate action.
- Performs quality review on claims in compliance with audit requirements, service contract requirements and quality standards.
- Reviews reserve amounts on high cost claims and claims over the authority of individual PL Specialists.
- Maintains periodic review of claims that are litigated, sensitive, or questionable as determined by the client.
- Maintains contact with client on claims and promotes professional client relationship; makes recommendations to client as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes on specific claims as requested by client.
- Maintains frequent diaries on complex or high exposure claims.
- Ensures that direct reports are properly licensed in the jurisdiction serviced.
- Ensures claim files are coded correctly and adequate documentation is made by PL Specialists.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Licenses as required. Professional certifications as applicable to line of business preferred.
- Six (6) years claims management experience related to professional liability claims and two (2) years claims supervisor experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of claims management processes and procedures for multiple product lines
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.