New York, New York
- The role's primary purpose is to assist representatives of the global financial institution's legal department to advance both its business interests and those of our Client.
- The secondee will report to work daily at the client's offices, assist members of its legal department, and work to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships between the client, its legal department, and our Client.
- Scope assigned projects and work streams
- Liaise with the financial institution's various business units and support departments to determine priorities and to agree upon solutions to identified issues
- Develop solution-oriented strategies and plans in consultation with outside counsel and vendors
- Monitor, track, and report on progress to the stakeholders in consultation with outside counsel and vendors
- Help to ensure that actions, issues, and risks are identified and effectively managed
- Ensure communication with relevant stakeholders
- Focus on and suggest process improvements
- Sharing best practices to enable greater work consistency
- Identifying value-adds
- Financial responsibilities and geographic scope to be determined in consultation with the global financial institution.
- People management responsibilities: although the secondee works under the direction of the client's legal department and may be assigned managerial responsibilities with respect to vendors or others, from our Client’s perspective the secondee is essentially a team of one, our Client’s lone representative.
- Superior client facing skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A "generalist" litigation background, but strong financial industry experience is a plus
- Skilled facilitator; highly effective at knowledge transfer and dissemination
- Familiarity with our Client’s products, services, key personnel, and organizational structure is helpful but can be learned after joining
- Conversant with client's lines of business
- Client-centric; focus on customers
- Possesses global outlook
- Creative and innovative; watchful for opportunities to build lasting relationships
- Able to identify and promote our Client’s products and services suitable for use by the client
- The secondee's relationship with the client is paramount.
- The secondee will be the client's first point of contact and is expected to meaningfully advance the customer's interests, as well as our Client’s.
- Important internal relationships are with middle- and upper-management within various Client businesses as well as with key members of our Client’s Sales team.
- United States: JD (Juris Doctorate)
- Litigation experience pertaining to global financial institutions
- Direct client contact
- Prior familiarity with our Client’s products and processes is helpful
- Litigation associate at law firm or analogous position