Assistant Waste Operator
2017-08-31 Job ID: 9971 Category: Professional
- Is responsible to, and receives direction from the Incinerator supervisor, Waste Management Compliance Specialist and Operators.
- Works cooperatively with all work unit employees, Facilities Operations, Facilities Project Services, contractors and contract waste haulers.
- Responsible for guiding waste through the incineration process.
- This includes monitoring the control panel to ensure proper combustion while looking for problems and ensuring waste flows smoothly through the entire incineration process.
- Operates front end loader to stage trash for the receiving conveyors and to clear the unloading area for the trash trucks.
- Operates articulating clams to keep trash pits flowing.
- Performs ongoing checks on all systems using the computer operating system.
- Adjusts charge rate to achieve efficient combustion to comply with USEPA and MPCA guidelines.
- Alerts Operators of situations in need of attention and assists Operator in remedy of problems.
- Performs record keeping on ash roll-offs, waste deliveries, circular charts, bar code deliveries, regulated waste deliveries and daily log book. Operates fork lift to dump ash and unload deliveries.
- Loads and monitors the pathological incinerator. Attends on and off site training for new equipment, electrical, safety and permit changes. Sanitizes waste carts, ensuring at least one load of sanitized carts is ready to return to the Clinic campus at all times.
- Helps Incinerator Operators complete major and/or emergency repairs.
- Requires the ability to work rotating shifts and overtime, as needed, including some weekends.
- Primarily days 8: 00 to 4: 30.
- Process Waste carts, monitor wet ash, clean and organize.
- High School Diploma.
- The lifting requirements will be typically 30 pounds, occasionally 50lbs.