2017-06-12 Job ID: 8895 Category: Professional
- Provide excellent customer service while conducting contracted services as outlined in the Asset Advantage service agreement at designated contracted healthcare facilities.
- Utilize a PC based computer system to track medical equipment throughout a healthcare facility or facilities
- Ability to move and maneuver medical products within healthcare facilities unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Conduct daily verification rounds and perform equipment decontamination procedures according to company and customer guidelines.
- Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients.
- Responsible for inventory, delivery, retrieval, and coordination of medical gases
- Proper utilization and maintenance of facilities and product being managed.
- Assist with tracking and pulling assets due for preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for the completion of day to day activities assigned.
- Identify and communicate problems to management or Asset Coordinator.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and compliance.
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Equipment Management
- Customer Service
- Perform assistance with patient transfer, when requested (site applicable).
- Effective and professional communication with company and customer management/personnel.
- Effective time management decisions to meet customer satisfaction issues.
- High school diploma or GED required
- General computer knowledge with intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet preferred
- Previous experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting preferred
- Must be reliable and organized.
- Employees should exhibit a professional attitude and appearance, while conforming to both company and customer policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a team environment with an enthusiastic and positive work attitude.
- Ability to comprehend company and customer guidelines for infection control
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a safe, ergonomic, and ethical manner
- Ability to follow company and site requirements on personal protective equipment (i.e. gloves, safety shoes, glasses, etc.)
- Ability to perform work duties with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers to drive a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to walk a minimum of seven miles per day.
- Ability to tilt and roll oxygen tanks on/off carts and staging areas (ranging from 9 lbs. to 287 lbs.
- Ability to push a cart of 24 to 40 E Cylinders (Cart weighs up to 400 lbs). (Tank programs only)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.