St. Paul, Minnesota
- Follow standard work instructions to assemble fabricated parts at designated floor station within Manufacturing.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble units in accordance with product specifications.
- Ensure units are tested and identify any failed tests, tolerance levels, and/or repairs as necessary.
- Move completed components or assembly to designated areas.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow plant regulations and safety rules. Report potential safety hazards and all accidents to supervisor.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- During the assembly process, visually check and inspect work to ensure proper quality.
- Use test equipment, gauges or scales as required.
- Perform all adjustments, rework and repairs as necessary.
- Promptly notify supervisor of defective material.
- Follow NCMR procedures.
- Participate in team quality problem solving activities as required.
- Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required.
- Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow.
- Evaluate and recommend alternative solutions of assembly issues or problems to supervisor.
- Fill out required documents and records necessary to support quality, production levels, and product identification.
- Document and/or chart production data where specified to aid in problem identification, quality feedback, and production scheduling.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0 - 2 years or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills in addition to being familiar with the use of charts, tables, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience with the use of adjustable measuring instruments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented and solid organizational skills.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and move up to sixty (60) pounds.
- The ability to lift, bend, walk, and stoop while handling materials for extended periods of time.