Post Date: 06/13/2017 Job ID: 8905 Category: Professional
The Assembler I will perform intermediate assembly operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow standard work instructions to assemble fabricated parts at designated floor station within Manufacturing.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble units in accordance with product specifications.
- Ensure units are tested and identify any failed tests, tolerance levels, and/or repairs as necessary.
- Move completed components or assembly to designated areas.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow plant regulations and safety rules. Report potential safety hazards and all accidents to supervisor. Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- During the assembly process, visually check and inspect work to ensure proper quality. Use test equipment, gauges or scales as required. Perform all adjustments, rework and repairs as necessary. Promptly notify supervisor of defective material. Follow NCMR procedures.
- Participate in team quality problem solving activities as required.
- Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required. Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow. Evaluate and recommend alternative solutions of assembly issues or problems to supervisor.
- Fill out required documents and records necessary to support quality, production levels, and product identification. Document and/or chart production data where specified to aid in problem identification, quality feedback, and production scheduling.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Product Skill Set:
- Clamps and Easy Kits
- Armboards, Carts, and Life Pole
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0 - 2 years or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills in addition to being familiar with the use of charts, tables, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience with the use of adjustable measuring instruments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented and solid organizational skills.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and move up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- The ability to lift, climb, bend, walk, and stoop while handling materials for extended periods of time.